- Get it by Thursday, August 24 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
"People have told me that their lives have changed because of me. I take away from this the sense that I'm on the right track."
"I believe you're here to live your life with passion. Otherwise, you're just traveling through the world blindly-and there's no point to that."
"Oprah's on." It's the catchphrase that inspires millions around the world to tune in to one of the most trusted women in the history of television. Almost everyone follows Oprah's every move. One word about a book club selection sends an obscure first novel rocketing to the top of the bestseller list. Oprah Winfrey possesses what is arguably one of the world's most influential voices.
Alive with her unique warmth and insight, Oprah Winfrey Speaks reveals the mystique of Oprah in her own words. Drawing on hundreds of sources, Janet Lowe provides an evocative, personal portrait. Here are Oprah's opinions on everything from childhood and overcoming adversity to dealing with fame and staying real. Oprah Winfrey Speaks highlights Oprah's abiding faith, no-nonsense business rules, generosity, and love as well as her 10 commandments for lifelong success.
Oprah's lifetime theme has been personal transformation-she's constantly seeking, questioning, changing, and growing. This uplifting theme echoes throughout Oprah Winfrey Speaks.
Here is just a hint of the wisdom you'll discover:
• "Just tell the truth. It'll save you every time."
• "Don't complain about what you don't have. Use what you've got. To do less than your best is a sin. Every single one of us has the power for greatness, because greatness is determined by service-to yourself and to others."
• "I am a woman in progress. I'm just trying like everyone else. I try to take every conflict, every experience and learn from it. All I know is that I can't be anybody else. And it's taken me a long time to realize that."
• "If you're angry, be angry and deal with it. Don't go eat a bag of Ruffles."
• "God blesses you better when you pray on your knees."
The world listens when Oprah Winfrey Speaks
Here's just a hint of the wisdom you'll find inside...
"I am what I am because of my grandmother.
My strength. My sense of reasoning. Everything.
All that was set by the time I was six."
"Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity."
"I always feel if you do right, right will follow."
"You know the old clich-, 'a good man is hard to find'? Well, it's true. And the smarter you get, the harder they are to find."
This book has not been prepared, approved, licensed, or endorsed by Oprah Winfrey, Harpo Productions, or by any entity that creates, produces, or broadcasts THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW.
|Product dimensions:||4.51(w) x 7.52(h) x 0.59(d)|
About the Author