Starting with an introduction to the fundamental physics in chaotic instabilities in laser systems, this comprehensive and unified reference goes on to present the techniques and technology of synchronization of chaos in coupled lasers, as well as the many applications to lasers and optics, communications, security and information technology. Throughout, it presents the current state of knowledge, including encoding/decoding techniques, performance of chaotic communication systems, random number generation, and novel communication technologies.
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 9.70(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Atsushi Uchida received his Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from Keio University in Yokohama, Japan, in 2000. He is an associate professor at the Department of Information and Computer Sciences at Saitama University in Saitama, Japan, and is currently working on synchronization of chaotic lasers, its applications for optical communication, secure key generation with chaotic lasers, and random number generation with chaotic lasers. Dr. Uchida is a member of the Optical Society of America, IEEE Photonics Society, and American Physical Society.
Table of Contents
Foreword from Raj Roy (http://www.ipr.umd.edu/~rroy/)
I. Basic physics of chaos and synchronization in lasers
2. Basics of chaos and laser
3. Generation of chaos in lasers
4. Analysis of chaotic laser dynamics: Example of semiconductor laser with optical feedback
5. Synchronization of chaos in lasers
6. Analysis of synchronization of chaos: example of unidirectionally coupled semiconductor lasers with optical feedback
II. Application of chaotic lasers to optical communication and information technology
7. Basic concept of optical communication with chaotic lasers
8. Implementation of optical communication with chaotic lasers
9. Secure key distribution based on information-theoretic security with chaotic lasers
10. Random number generation with chaotic lasers
11. Controlling chaos in lasers
12. Other applications with chaotic lasers
What People are Saying About This
“This is a very interesting, clearly written, comprehensive book covering a broad range of subjects from basic concepts to the most advanced scientific activities and applications of chaotic lasers in various segments of optical communication . . . To conclude, this book will undoubtedly be useful to professionals in pure science as well as for those working in practical applications of chaotic lasers. Moreover, it might also be of primary importance to graduate students in this field”. (Zentralblatt MATH, 1 December 2012)
“This book is a valuable addition to the literature on the subject, as it provides comprehensive and up to date coverage.” (Optics and Photonics News, 2 November 2012)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Turns into tiger sword.
What is it about?
Rp in park?
"I am Akari, a Death Weapon whose weapon form is a scythe with a blade on each end, the points facing opposite directions. The second result is the park, the third and fifth results are the DWMA's classroom, and the sixth result is the nurse's office. Post your character's information in the fourth result."