Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Get a Solid Foundation in Oracle Database Technology
Master Oracle Database 11g fundamentals quickly and easily. Using self-paced tutorials, this book covers core database essentials, the role of the administrator, high availability, and large database features. Oracle Database 11g: A Beginner's Guide walks you, step by step, through database setup, administration, programming, backup, and recovery. In-depth introductions to SQL and PL/SQL are included. Designed for easy learning, this exclusive Oracle Press guide offers:
- Core ConceptsOracle Database 11g topics presented in logically organized chapters
- Critical SkillsLists of specific skills covered in each chapter
- ProjectsPractical exercises that show how to apply the critical skills learned in each chapter
- Progress ChecksQuick self-assessment sections to check your progress
- NotesExtra information related to the topic being covered
- Mastery ChecksChapter-ending quizzes to test your knowledge
About the Author
Ian Abramson is the executive vice president for the Independent Oracle User Group (IOUG).
Michael Abbey serves on the board of directors of the IOUG and is a frequent speaker at user group and vendor conferences.
Michael J. Corey is a past president of the IOUG and a frequent speaker at technology conferences. He is the coauthor, with Abramson and Abbey, of Oracle Database 10g: A Beginner's Guide.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Database Fundamentals
Chapter 2. Installing Oracle
Chapter 3. Connecting to Oracle
Chapter 4. SQL: Structured Query Language
Chapter 5. PL/SQL
Chapter 6. The Database Administrator
Chapter 7. Backup & Recovery
Chapter 8. High Availability: RAC, ASM, and Data Guard
Chapter 9. Large Database Features
Appendix A: Mastery Check Answers