Apply Your SQL Server DBA Skills to Oracle Database Administration
Use your SQL Server experience to set up and maintain a high-performance Oracle Database environment. Written by a DBA with expertise in both platforms, Oracle Database Administration for Microsoft SQL Server DBAs illustrates each technique with clear explanations, examples, and comparison tables. Get full details on Oracle Database intervals, creation assistants, management techniques, and query tools. High availability, disaster recovery, and security procedures are also extensively covered in this comprehensive Oracle Press guide.
- Install and configure Oracle Database on Windows or Linux systems
- Administer and monitor databases from Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Implement robust security using roles, permissions, and privileges
- Back up and restore databases with Oracle Recovery Manager
- Use the Oracle cost-based optimizer to tune performance
- Write, debug, and execute PL/SQL queries using Oracle SQL Developer
- Maximize availability with Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Build standby and failover servers using Oracle Data Guard
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||6 MB|
About the Author
Michelle Malcher, Oracle ACE, is a senior database administrator with more than 11 years’ experience in database development, design, and administration. She is a contributing author to Oracle Database 11g: A Beginner’s Guide and to the IOUG Best Practices Tip Booklet. Michelle is on the Board of the Independent Oracle User Group (IOUG).