The fast, practical Oracle 9i/10g automation reference for every DBA!
Automate Oracle—and save your time for more important tasks! This is the Oracle automation reference every working Oracle DBA needs...concise, straightforward, and incredibly easy to use. Discover proven solutions for automating installation, database creation, management, monitoring, tuning, backup/recovery, and more. Keep this book by your desk, near your server...wherever you need fast, reliable automation solutions right now!
- Master scripting for both Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g!
- Use Oracle Universal Installer to create response files for automating any installation
- Use Oracle Network Configuration Assistant (NetCA) to configure network components during installation
- Use Oracle Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA) to create and clone databases, and to reverse engineer them into templates and scripts
- Manage files and tablespaces, tune memory, perform backup/recovery, schedule automated administration tasks, and more
- Extend and customize any script to your own needs
- Includes concise reference to Perl DBI and its Oracle-specific components—with real-world examples and syntax
|Series:||Prentice Hall Professional Oracle Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
CHARLIE RUSSEL has extensive system administration and Oracle DBA experience, specializing in combined Windows and UNIX environments. He is co-author of more than 20 books for IT professionals, including Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Administrator's Companion (Microsoft Press) and UNIX and Linux Answers! Certified Tech Support (IDG).
ROBERT CORDINGLEY is an Oracle DBA in Austin,Texas. Russel and Cordingley have co-authored Oracle DBA Scripting Quick Reference and Oracle DBA SQL Quick Reference (Prentice Hall PTR).