This title has been authored by practitioners working primarily in the UK.
This textbook of oral and maxillofacial surgery is directed at dentists in training and newly qualified practitioners. The book aims to provide the theoretical background to a range of common procedures to assist in the DEVELOPMENT OF SKILLS required in diagnosis, treatment planning, and active surgical and postoperative management.
The book has been prepared by a variety of authors, all of whom have extensive experience in undergraduate and postgraduate education in oral and maxillofacial surgery and whose views represent those of UK mainstream dental schools.
- New edition of a highly successful ‘skills based’ textbook on oral and maxillofacial surgery, liberally illustrated in full colour
- Ideal subject coverage for those who are, or who will become, general dental practitioners, i.e. comprehensive coverage of diagnosis and oral surgery with a discussion of with maxillofacial surgery suitable for the early years of training
- Clear identification of conditions and procedures suitable for the general dental practitioner, and of those requiring referral
- Procedures clearly illustrated when routinely carried out in general practice
- Learning objectives, lists of assumed knowledge and summary boxes provided to make learning easier
- Ideal as a ‘dip in’ book for using in parallel with lectures and ‘small group’ learning, or in relation to specific patients seen
- Increased used of self-assessment material, particularly in the chapters on diagnosis and medically compromised patients
- Reshaped chapters on pathological conditions of the oral mucosa and bone, as well as the use of biopsy as an investigative tool
- New discussion about cleft lip and palate
- New section on osteonecrosis of the jaws, associated with bisphosphonate medication, and on infection with methicillinresistant Staphylococcus aureus
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||22 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|