Organic Reaction Mechanisms 2005 / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Organic Reaction Mechanisms, 2005 is the 41st volume in this classical series. In every volume, the content is divided in the different classes of organic reaction mechanisms. An experienced team of authors compiles these reviews every year, so that the reader can rely on a continuing quality of selection and presentation. As a new service to the reader, all reaction mechanisms leading to stereospecific products are highlighted. This reflects the needs of the organic synthetic community with leads to chiral reactions.
About the Author
Professor A.C. Knipe, School of BMS, The University of Ulster, Northern Ireland.
Table of Contents
1. Reactions of Aldehydes and Ketones and their Derivatives (B.A. Murray).
2. Reactions of Carboxylic, Phosphoric, and Sulfonic Acids andtheir Derivatives (C. T. Bedford).
3. Oxidation and Reduction (K. K. Banerji).
4. Carbenes and Nitrenes (M. Christlieb, and E.Gras).
5. Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution (M. R.Crampton).
6. Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution (R. G.Coombes).
7. Carbocations (R. A. McClelland).
8. Nucleophilic Aliphatic Substitution (K. C.Westaway).
9. Carbanions and Electrophilic Aliphatic Substitution (M. L.Birsa).
10. Elimination Reactions (M. L. Birsa).
11. Addition Reactions: Polar Addition (P.Kočovský).
12. Addition Reactions: Cycloaddition (N. Dennis).
13. Molecular Rearrangements: Part 1. Pericyclic MolecularRearrangements (S. K. Armstrong).
14. Molecular Rearrangements: Part 2 (J. M. Coxon).