Organic Reactions: Simplicity and Logic / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Written by one of the world s leading researchers and teachers inorganic chemistry, this book focuses on the living core ofchemistry, organic synthesis. A rational treatment allows aneconomical presentation of both the theory and the actualprocedures for synthetic pathways. Organic Reactions: Simplicityand Logic the student s and lecturer s ideal companion,provides:
* a superb overview of organic reactions
* a rigorous introduction to the underlying theoreticalconcepts
* insight into the logic and simplicity underpinning organicsynthesis
* biographies of, and mini-essays devoted to, great scientists whohave shaped chemistry and biochemistry
* examples of industrial organic chemistry
* an easy-to-read, well-written, highly illustrated text
* an essential learning tool for chemistry, biochemistry andpolymer science courses
Organic Reactions: Simplicity and Logic presents a lucidintroduction to organic synthesis which will appeal to students andlecturers in organic, medicinal, pharmaceutical and industrialchemistry as well as biochemistry, polymer and materials science.
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.65(h) x 1.68(d)|
About the Author
Pierre Laszlo is an emeritus professor of chemistry at the University of Liege, Belgium, and the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris. Of his many published works, six have been translated into English.
Table of Contents
Partial table of contents:
Carbonyl Group: Additions and Addition-Elimination Reactions.
Carbonyl Group: EnolizationMichael Addition.
Carbonyl Group: Aldol Condensation.
Some Solutions to the Problem of Selectivity (Chemo-, Regio-,Stereo-).
Protection and Regeneration: Cases of the Alcohol and CarbonylGroup, Inversion of Polarity.
Protection and Regeneration: Examples of the Alcohol and CarbonylGroup, Inversion of Polarity.
Building of Rings.
Functionalizations: Wittig Conversion of Carbonyl Compounds toOlefins.
Synthons: Donor Synthons.