The importance of a business's culture to sustainable success. An organisation's culture either gives it a competitive advantage or a competitive disadvantage. It is a crucial factor in determining how successful a business is and how much people want to work for an organisation. That is why managers are putting more and more emphasis on getting their organisation's culture right.
This book provides a route map for managers who want to
- Get a grip on why culture matters and the effect it has on success.
- Understand, define and measure their organisation's culture.
- Position their organisation's culture: aligning it with the business strategy.
- Avoid the common mistakes of""culture change""programmes.
- Keep their culture dynamic, responsive and resourceful.
Full of real life example from companies as diverse as Ikea, GE, Microsoft, Google, eBay, McDonalds, Procter&Gamble, Unilever, Wal-Mart and Tesco, the book also includes a series of wide-ranging practical exercises that will help managers analyse and make their organisation's culture a powerful driver of success.