The Kundalini Yoga tradition speaks of a call to the Divine that awakens "the Original Light of the soul." In gatherings across the globe, Snatam Kaur and her fellow musicians have shared that radiance through sacred chants. With Original Light, this beloved devotional singer guides us into the heart of the path, with the Aquarian Sadhana as a foundation to understand the tradition's daily principals, morning practices, and sacred chanting experiences.
Kundalini, the universal life force, has for centuries been shrouded in misconception and lore. But in fact, Snatam Kaur assures us that, through Kundalini Yoga, the capacity to experience it is within all of usa natural and limitless source of physical health, stillness, joy, energetic strength, and loving connection with others and all of creation.
Original Light was written for those seeking a compassionate and supportive guide to creating a vibrant and sustainable daily spiritual practice. Here, Snatam shares with honesty and gentle humor her own stories, challenges, "aha" moments, and many practical pointers gained from her lifelong journey.
Readers first explore the philosophy and foundational principles of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, and then learn the five morning practices of the Aquarian Sadhana, including:
• The Wake-Up Routineestablishing a sacred space, bathing and purification, healthy diet and elimination guidelines, and more
• Jap Jifrom 15th-century sage and founder of the Sikh tradition, Guru Nanak, this sacred recitation is both a map and a direct expression of our union with the Divine
• Kundalini Yoga Kriyasnine energizing posture and movement sets for creating a somatic space for your spirit
• Aquarian Sadhana Mantrasseven devotional chants as the sun rises to open the doors of liberation and experience bliss and ecstasy through sacred sound
• Gateway to Divinitythe closing transition stage that integrates your own spiritual tradition and helps you to focus your energies and set your intentions for the day ahead
For those of all faiths, Original Light provides an ideal introduction and resource to improve our health, find greater freedom and stillness within, and illuminate each moment of the day.
Includes two CDs of guided chants and practices with Snatam Kaur.
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Snatam Kaur is an American artist raised in the kundalini yoga tradition. Schooled in kirtan, meditation, and Gurmukhi (the Sanskrit-based language of Sikh scriptures from northern India), she met her first music teacher at the age of six. She has released eight records, including the most recent Liberation’s Door (Spirit Voyage, 2009), and is the lead singer for the Celebrate Peace tours. A resident of Santa Cruz, California, she teaches kundalini yoga and kirtan workshops across the U.S.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The Gift of Practice 11
Chapter 2 Sacred Sound as Teacher 23
Chapter 3 A Journey into Kundalini 33
Chapter 4 Altar of the Self Stage One: Preparing for the Aquarian Sadhana 53
Chapter 5 Meditation of the Soul Stage Two: Jap Ji 65
Chapter 6 Bliss in the Body Stage Three: Kundalini Yoga 79
Chapter 7 Chanting as the Sun Rises Stage Four: Aquarian Sadhana Mantras 97
Chapter 8 Surrender, Bow, and Receive Stage Five: Gateway to Divinity 127
Chapter 9 Presence of Self 135
Chapter 10 Blessings for Family and Community 143
Appendix A Jap Ji Sahib 159
Appendix B Kundalini Yoga Sets 211
Appendix C Aquarian Sadhana Mantras 259
Appendix D Ardas-Prayer 261
About the Author 279
About Spirit Voyage 281