This practical, highly illustrated guide presents an innovative, organized approach to essential topics in orthodontics such as crowding, spacing, tooth size discrepancies, and management of common ectopic eruption problems and impactions. Its unique approach focuses on the treatment mechanics of each individual tooth involved, rather than the dentition as a whole.
• Addresses the management of individual teeth within the dentition using the preadjusted appliance - the most popular orthodontic appliance worldwide.
• Written by an internationally-known and respected author team, for an expert, authoritative treatment of the Subject.
• Focuses on situations frequently seen in the day-to-day practice of orthodontics, making this book clinically relevant for practitioners.
• Illustrates the practical application of the procedures discussed with 30 real-world case studies.
• Lavishly illustrated with high-quality color photographs and clear line diagrams to clarify important concepts.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||9.30(w) x 11.08(h) x 1.03(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Richard McLaughlin D.D.S. is one of the orthodontic industry’s foremost instructors on advanced treatment using the pre-adjusted appliance. He established his still-thriving orthodontic practice shortly after graduating from the orthodontics program at the University of Southern California. He continues to treat patients in his San Diego office, and maintains an international lecturing and teaching schedule. Dr. McLaughlin is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, a member of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists and American Association of Orthodontists, and was recently honored with the American Board’s Dale B. Wade Award. He is the Southern California Component Director of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists, a clinical professor at USC’s department of Orthodontics, and an associate professor at St. Louis University, Department of Orthodontics. He has written more than 30 journal articles, and co-authored 4 textbooks.
Table of Contents
1. Management of the dentition
2. Bracket placement
5. First bicuspids
6. Upper bicuspid extraction
7. Second bicuspids
8. First molars
9. Second molars
10. Third molars