Orthopaedic Surgical Approaches with DVD available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
This exciting new reference from Dr. Miller, et al provides an expert, illustrative guide to the full array of common and contemporary surgical approaches in orthopaedics. Organized by anatomical region and by procedure, you’ll find overviews of regional anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, landmarks, and hazards; plus patient positioning, incisions, superficial and deep dissection and closure for each approach. The book includes the very latest advances in arthroscopic, mini-incision and computer-assisted techniques. Plus a bonus DVD features narrated video clips of surgical approaches A must have resource regardless of your level of training.
• Details the techniques and pitfalls of each surgical approach including:
• optimal patient positioning
• clear previews of anatomic landmarks and incisions
• potential dangers of superficial and deep dissection
• techniques of closure
• Provides over 1,000 original full color drawings and color photographs depicting the full range of contemporary surgical approaches used in orthopaedics.
• Organized by anatomical region (including a review of regional anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, landmarks and hazards), and then by procedure, making reference a snap.
• Supplies an up-to-date anatomic review of surgical approaches including new advances in arthroscopy, mini-open, robotic, and computer-assisted techniques.
• Includes a bonus DVD containing more than 80 video clips of surgical approaches to help you master the fine technical details of each surgery.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Introduction: Approach to the Surgical Patient
The Shoulder and Humerus
The Elbow and Forearm
The Wrist and Hand
The Hip and Pelvis
The Knew and Lower Leg
The Foot and Ankle