Get the concise information you need to start using OS X Mountain Lion, the latest version of the Mac operating system. This handy guide goes right to the heart of the OS, with details on system preferences, built-in applications, utilities, and other features.
Once you’re familiar with the fundamentals, use this book as a resource for problem-solving on the fly. You get configuration tips, lots of step-by-step instructions, guides for troubleshooting, and other advice—all in an easy-to-read format.
- Learn what’s new, including improved iCloud integration and other iPad-inspired features
- Discover how working with multiple devices is easier and more streamlined with Mountain Lion
- Get a guide to the Finder, Dock, user accounts, and other essentials
- Use Mountain Lion’s system preferences to customize your Mac
- Take advantage of OS X applications, such as FaceTime and Time Machine
- Manage passwords and secure your data
- Work more efficiently with a complete list of keyboard shortcuts
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||4.10(w) x 6.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Chris Seibold is an engineer, writer, and cartoonist residing in Knoxville, Tennessee. As an engineer, he has tackled such diverse processes as powder coating and hot dog casing manufacture. As a writer, he has focused on computing and written for a variety of online and traditional media, including serving as Senior Contributing Editor for the Apple Matters web site and contributing hacks to iPod and iTunes Hacks, with a talent for making the complex accessible to the interested but harried user. As a cartoonist, he has produced both cartoon strips and editorials. Chris also managed to spend some time working producing radio shows relating to sports. As soon as he hits television, the trifecta will be complete. Chris lives with his wife, young son, and what is quite possibly the world's dimmest canine. He has a degree in Physics from the University of Tennessee but has yet to find work involving frictionless inclined planes.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: What’s New in Mountain Lion?
Chapter 2: Installing Mountain Lion and Migrating Data
Chapter 3: A Quick Guide to Mountain Lion
Chapter 4: Troubleshooting OS X
Chapter 5: System Preferences
Chapter 6: Built-in Applications and Utilities
Chapter 7: Managing Passwords in Mountain Lion
Chapter 8: Keyboard Commands and Special Characters