Temporarily Out of Stock Online
This book, written in the popular Q and A format of the Your Questions Answered series, will provide sufficient information for a primary care doctor to be able to understand and treat patients with osteoarthritis. Answers are presented in a succinct, accessible style, with emphasis on evidence-based, up-to-date knowledge.
• Uses a question-and-answer format to facilitate reference.
• Covers both common and uncommon clinical issues.
• Lists useful web sites, associations, and patient resource.
• Answers questions frequently asked by patients and their families.
Table of Contents
1. Aetiology, epidemiology and pathophysiology of osteoarthritis
2. Diagnosis of osteoarthritis
3. Joint Examinations
4. Non-pharmacological management: General management; educational and environmental issues
5. Non-pharmacological management: Physical therapy and holistic management
6. Pharmacological Therapy: Topical treatments
7. Pharmacological Management: Analgesics
8. Pharmacological Management: NSAIDs and COX-2 Inhibitors
9. Pharmacological Management: Injections
10. Pharmacological Management: Glucosamine, other drug therapies and the future
11. Surgical Management
13. Referral Strategies
Appendices: WOMAC and Lequesne scales