Get new insights into the causes, detection and therapy of osteoporosis and the osteoporosis of rheumatic diseases. In this state-of-the-art resource, you'll find coverage of all the latest scientific and clinical developments, new concepts in epidemiology, cutting-edge information on genetics and pathogenic mechanisms, current developments in diagnostic interventions and prevention, and the very latest techniques in treatment. This is a must-have reference for comprehensive, one-stop coverage of Osteoporosis.
• Allows planning of early interventions, as appropriate, to augment peak adult bone mass.
• Highlights the necessary tools for early diagnosis, and monitoring of disease progression.
• Discusses the very latest in pharmacologic interventions, including biophosphonates, SERMS, and osteoanabolic agents.
• Provides access to the latest information on disease modifying or disease controlling biologic agents.
• Incorporates the latest on glucocorticoid and transplantation- induced osteoporosis, as well as osteoporosis in the rheumatic diseases.