Rewild your life! With metal corners and 448 full-color, highly illustrated pages, OUTDOOR SCHOOL: ANIMAL WATCHING is an indispensable tool for young explorers and animal lovers.
Make every day an adventure with the included:
- Immersive activities to get you exploring
- Write-in sections to journal about experiences
- Next-level adventures to challenge even seasoned nature lovers
No experience is required—only curiosity and courage. This interactive field guide to animals includes:
- Animal tracking
- Identifying birds by silhouette, size, and color
- Reading animal range maps
- Bird nest spotting
- Essential animal-watching gear
- Identifying mammals
- Bird calls and animal sounds
- Finding amphibians, reptiles, and fish
- Spotting scat
- Recognizing eyeshine
- Recording animal behavior
And so much more!
Related collections and offers
About the Author
Mary Kay Carson is the author of nonfiction books for young people. Her book Alexander Graham Bell for Kids received a 2019 AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books. She’s written titles in Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's acclaimed Scientists in the Field series, including Park Scientists: Gila Monsters, Geysers, and Grizzly Bears in America's Own Backyard and The Bat Scientists, an ALA's 2011 Notable Children's Books for Middle Readers. She lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, with her photographer husband Tom Uhlman in a century-old house surrounded by urban greenspace, deer, hawks, woodchucks, and songbirds.
Emily Dahl is an illustrator working in Maryland. Her favorite bird is the Carolina Wren.