Get started on the road to lifelong high blood pressure control by knowing...
· Your personal blood-pressure reading...and your best bets for ensuring its accuracy-whether at home or under a doctor's care
· The importance of quitting...that would be smoking, excessive drinking, and a sedentary lifestyle. But don't fret: You're giving up so little and getting so much in return.
· What exercise can do to help...and we're not talking exhaustive work-outs. Just incorporate thirty minutes of moderate exercise, even walking, into your daily routine
· Your medications...and what each of them does for your blood pressure. We even have tips on how to remember your meds.
· How to eat right...by sampling a simple 7-day menu plan-including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!
· And what to eat...with 90 recipes-from soups and sandwiches to entrees and desserts-that can help lower your blood pressure
· How to handle complications...starting with recognizing the signs of heart problems, stroke, and kidney disease
Outsmart High Blood Pressure
|Publisher:||St. Martin's Press|
|Product dimensions:||4.10(w) x 6.84(h) x 0.63(d)|
About the Author
Prevention, America's #1 Choice for Healthy Living, is the single most popular health magazine and the third most trusted source for health advice in the country, trailing only the doctor and pharmacist in authority.