For P. Allen Smith, gardening is all about the anticipation of a new season, the wonderful satisfaction that comes with digging and planting, building supports and structures, selecting plants and deciding how to arrange them—and then enjoying the delightful and inevitable surprises as the seasons unfold and nature transforms the original vision into something gloriously its own. But, of course, as nature works its magic, there is a multitude of ways that we can shape, enhance, and accentuate our gardens—and that’s what P. Allen Smith’s Living in the Garden Home is all about.
Allen inspires us to extend the definition of living space to our gardens, transforming them into places of ever-changing beauty that are woven into the fabric of our lives. This book puts this concept into action as Allen walks us through the seasons of the garden, offering projects, activities, and decorating ideas that both bring the garden indoors and add touches of comfort and style to our outdoor living space. With step-by-step instructions and illustrations accompanying each of the fifty projects, you’ll be able to dive right in at any time of the year to:
* Create a Mother’s Day container garden
* Adorn a wall, door, or gate with a living wreath of aromatic herbs
* Plant an out-of-the-way cutting garden for indoor arrangements
* Invite friends to gather and sample heritage varieties of apples
* Make holiday centerpieces with berried twigs, evergreen stems, pinecones, and other materials from the winter garden
Spring, summer, autumn, or winter, it’s always a fine time to add beauty, style, and enjoyment to your garden home.
|Series:||P. Allen Smith Garden Home Bks.|
|Product dimensions:||8.82(w) x 11.33(h) x 0.81(d)|
About the Author