Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
This companion guide to the 2nd edition of Evaluation of Orthopedic and Athletic Injuries takes the student through the evaluative procedures for palpation, range of motion, neurologic, ligamentous, and special tests. The user-friendly, quick-reference resource has a place in classrooms, laboratories, clinical settings, and professional practice.
* Covers procedures for over 185 special, neurological, ligamentous, and range of motion tests
* 32 unique palpation photos feature anatomical overlays that help students identify the underlying structure
* 15 Evaluation Maps guide students through the 7-step process for the body region being evaluated
* Illustrated, precise step-by-step instructions -- showing the correct position of patient and examiner, evaluative procedure, positive test results and implications -- make even the most complicated concepts understandable
* Includes tables of bony landmarks, and other useful aids for identifying postural disorders
* Figures illustrate proper measuring techniques
* Useful appendices describe upper and lower extremity reflex tests, assessment of muscle length, and lower extremity functional tests
* Covers key evaluation content to help students prepare for the NATABOC examination
* Can be used in conjunction with the 2nd edition of Starkey & Ryan's Evaluation of Orthopedic and Athletic Injuries text or as a stand-alone reference
Evaluation of Orthopedic and Athletic Injuries, 2nd Edition
The combination of illustrations and precise language in this tightly structured 2nd edition make even the most complicated concepts and techniques clear. Organized bybody region, each chapter starts with an review of anatomy and biomechanics, description of the clinical evaluation of injuries, discussion of pathologies and related special tests, and ends with a discussion of on-field or initial management of specific injuries.
* Information presented in user-friendly format and easy-to-follow explanations use a combination of illustrations and precise language to make even the most complicated concepts clear
* Text conforms to or exceeds the Athletic Training Educational Competencies
* Evaluation maps guide students through the evaluation process for each body region
* Distinctive boxes for each type of test--well-illustrated with photos and line drawings--including boxes for goniometry, resisted range of motion and manual muscle tests, clinical tests, and special tests
* Evaluative findings boxes summarize clinical findings for specific injuries or conditions; observational findings boxes help students identify specific conditions or injuries
* Boxes include photos and illustrations to aid students in visualizing techniques and findings
* Three additional chapters: "Assessment of Posture"; "The Cervical Spine"; and "General Medical Conditions"
* Two highly illustrated appendices: "Assessment of Muscle Length" and "Functional Testing"
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.90(d)|