Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Developed by the staff of Australia's largest paediatric hospital, the Paediatric Handbook is the essential practical management guide to the health problems of newborn infants, children and adolescents.
The sixth edition has been comprehensively updated, with its structure revised for more intuitive use. All chapters have been thoroughly improved, with many expanded. The index has also been extensively revised. The new edition has incorporated many new illustrations, with the introduction of diagnostic and management algorithms to enhance the educational value and 'at a glance' accessibility of the information.
The Paediatric Handbook provides a valuable reference for all medical students and hospital residents,. It is a must-have for the broad range of community practitioners.
|Product dimensions:||3.94(w) x 6.30(h) x (d)|
Table of Contents
1. Medical Emergencies;.
2. Poisoning and envenomation;.
PROCEDURES AND ANALGESIA.
4. Pain management in children;.
FLUIDS AND NUTRITION.
6. Fluid and electrolyte therapy;.
7. Infant and child nutrition;.
8. Adolescent health;.
9. Common behavioural and developmental problems;.
10. Developmental delay and disability;.
11. Child abuse and neglect;.
12. Child psychiatry;.
13. The death of a child and sudden infant death syndrome;.
MEDICINE AND SURGERY.
14. Allergy and immunology;.
16. Cardiovascular conditions;.
17. Dental conditions;.
18. Dermatologic conditions;.
19. Diabetes and hypoglycaemia;.
20. Endocrine conditions;.
21. Ear, nose and throat conditions;.
22. Eye conditions;.
23. Gastrointestinal conditions;.
24. Gynaecologic conditions;.
25. Haematologic conditions and oncology;.
26. Infectious diseases;.
27. Metabolic conditions;.
28. Neonatal paediatrics;.
29. Neurologic conditions;.
30. Orthopaedic conditions;.
31. Renal conditions and enuresis;.
32. Respiratory conditions;.
33. Rheumatologic conditions;.
34. Common surgical conditions;.
1. Laboratory reference ranges;.
2. Growth charts and pubertal staging;.
3. Asthma management plan;.
4. Adrenal crisis;.