This is a proceedings of the international conference "Painlevé Equations and Related Topics" which was taking place at the Euler International Mathematical Institute, a branch of the Saint Petersburg Department of the SteklovInstitute of Mathematicsof theRussian Academy of Sciences, in Saint Petersburg on June 17 to 23, 2011.
The survey articles discuss the following topics:
- General ordinary differential equations
- Painlevé equations and their generalizations
- Painlevé property
- Discrete Painlevé equations
- Properties of solutions of all mentioned above equations:– Asymptotic forms and asymptotic expansions– Connections of asymptotic forms of a solution near different points– Convergency and asymptotic character of a formal solution– New types of asymptotic forms and asymptotic expansions– Riemann-Hilbert problems– Isomonodromic deformations of linear systems– Symmetries and transformations of solutions– Algebraic solutions
- Reductions of PDE to Painlevé equations and their generalizations
- Ordinary Differential Equations systems equivalent to Painlevé equations and their generalizations
- Applications of the equations and the solutions
About the Author
Alexander D. Bruno and Alexander B. Batkhin, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia.