Within nearly two decades of experience as a family therapist, Dr. Robert Frank teaches us how to achieve fair-share parenting, covering some of the most common conundrums of child care:
* The challenging "second shift," including mealtime, bathtime, and bedtime routines
* Negotiating with your spouse for downtime
* Sharing the "on call" role for emergencies
* Communicating needs without arguing
* Reconstructing stressful schedules to work for you and your kids
* Planning weekend activities
Parenting Partners is full of warmth, reassurance, and an abundance of practical, family-tested solutions. Dr. Frank provides an indispensable primer on how to give your children the involvement they deserve while improving your marriage in the process. We can and must find solutions to the imbalance in our family lives: solutions that make everyone happy-moms, dads, and kids.
Author Bio: Robert Frank, Ph.D., is one of the nation's leading researchers on fatherhood, parenting, and child-care issues. He lives with his wife, son, and daughter in Glenview, Illinois.
Kathryn E. Livingston has been writing on parenting issues for the past sixteen years. She lives in Bergen County, New Jersey, with her husband and three sons.
|Publisher:||St. Martin's Press|
|Product dimensions:||5.54(w) x 8.28(h) x 0.77(d)|