Paris: Wish You Were Here! is the ultimate postcard from the most romantic and glamorous city in the world. Filled with writings, facts, and trivia about this most sought-after destination for lovers, writers, artists, fashionistas, and travelers, Paris captures the best of the City of Lights.
Exquisitely illustrated with vintage and fine art, Paris offers up the following treasures and pleasures:
- Excerpts from FICTION and TRAVEL WRITING from the likes of David Sedaris, Victor Hugo, Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, Colette, and many others
- FOOD customshow, what, and when to eatregarding cheeses, breads, meats, wine, coffee, chocolate, street food, and markets, including where to find the best of everything
- MONUMENTS and famous DESTINATIONS including Cafe Flore, Shakespeare & co., La Coupole, and more
- Parisian MUSEUMSeverything from the must-see to the hidden treasures
- POETRY from famous Parisian bards including Baudelaire, Apollinaire, and Mallarme
- GOSSIP and interesting TIDBITS about Paris's most famous inhabitants and visitors throughout history, including Briggitte Bardot, Catherine Deneuve, Coco Chanel, Macel Marceau, Marie Antoinette, Pable Picasso, and Napoleon
- ARCHITECTUREthe styles that dominate and why
- City HISTORY from Gaul to Gaultier
- AMERICANS in Paris, including Josephine Baker, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ezra Pound, James Baldwin, and Nina Simone
- Parisian POPULAR CULTURE including fashion, jazz, and cinema
- The best of Paris SHOPPING, from flea markets to Avenue Montaigne
|Product dimensions:||6.96(w) x 7.17(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Christopher Measom writes frequently about travel. As a senior writer for Out & About Travel Newsletter, he wrote extensive travel guides to South Africa and Greece, and his other travel writings have recently been published in Business Traveler and Out Traveler. His most recent travel adventure was in Mumbai, India, working as a junior artist in the upcoming Bollywood musical Marigold, set for release in summer 2007. He is the author of The Little Big Book of Ireland.