Understand the roles of these three unique professions and how collaboration can make each more effective!
This is the first book to clarify the roles and interprofessional dynamics of these three professions and describe how they can best work together. Here you’ll find theological perspectives on each profession, practice models of collaborative programs, and new resources to aid your professional growth. In addition, this book gives you a thorough historical overview of parish nursing and an introduction to health care chaplaincy as well as insightful analyses of the relationships of clergy and congregation to health care institutions.
Parish Nurses, Health Care Chaplains, and Community Clergy: Navigating the Maze of Professional Relationships is a vital addition to your reference shelf. This unique book, written by experts in all three fields, provides:
- the necessary background to be an effective parish nurse, including information on spiritual formation, clinical pastoral education, and more
- instruction on starting a parish health ministry
- effective ways that the disciplines can work together in congregational health ministries to provide the best possible spiritual care
- successful practice models that your ministry can emulate
- an examination of the health care institution’s role in forming the spiritual care team
- resources to use to increase your ministry’s effectiveness
Parish Nurses, Health Care Chaplains, and Community Clergy is a must for practitioners, educators, and students who will be entering these vital professions!
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.22(w) x 8.74(h) x 1.07(d)|