Parkinson's Disease: Your Questions Answered available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Written in the popular question and answer format of the Your Questions Answered series, this resource provides all of the information primary care providers need to understand Parkinson's Disease and to deliver effective care. The information is up to date, evidence-based, and appropriate for sharing with patients and families who wish to learn more about the nature of the disease and the various management options.
• Answers the questions that are frequently asked by patients.
• Discusses both commonplace and rarer issues.
• Covers all of the drug treatments available today, including their benefits and side effects.
• Explores treatments currently under development, such as gene therapy and biological therapy (i.e. brain cell transplantation).
• Includes useful information on web sites and associations.
Table of Contents
• A background knowledge of Parkinson's Disease: Aetiology, epidemiology, and pathology
• Recognizing a patient with PD – History and examination
• Disorders of mood and thinking in PD
• Confirming the diagnosis of PD
• Drug treatment of early PD – Motor symptoms
• Drug treatment of PD – Non-motor symptoms
• Complications of PD and treatment of advanced disease
• Surgical treatment of PD
• Non-drug treatment of PD and social issues
• Differential diagnoses of PD and their relevance for the GP
• Sources of further information and support
Appendices: Rating scales for assessment of PD Glossary of terms Index