Particulate-Filled Polymer Composites, Second Edition / Edition 2 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Smithers Rapra Technology
This is an updated version of the book first published in 1995. The use of particulate fillers in polymers has a long history, and they continue to play a very important role today. In the relatively short time since the publication of the first edition of this book, much has changed and all the chapters have been updated and revised, and a completely new chapter covering the latest developments in nano-filler technology is included.
The aim of this book is to provide a guide to the fundamentals of the use of particulate fillers, which is accessible to people from the many different industries and disciplines who have an interest in the subject.
- Selection and Use of Particulate Fillers
- Types of Particulate Filler
- Filler Surfaces and their Characterisation
- Surface Modification and Surface Modifiers
- Preparation and Mixture Characterisation of Mineral Filler Polymer Compounds
- Particulate Fillers as Flame Retardants
- Particulate Fillers in Elastomers
- Particulate Fillers in Thermoplastics
- Particulate Fillers in Thermosets
- Composites Using Nano-Fillers