Passion-Driven Youth Choir: A Guide for Directors of Youth Choirs with 10 to 100 Members by Mark Acker
The most basic advise for building a passion-driven youth choir is: Give them something they cannot get anywhere else; and It's all about: music, people, and God.
- Written by an author who has proven the passion driven approach works (Director of Music, Worship, and Other Arts,St. James United Methodist, Little Rock, Arkansas; former Minister of Music, Brentwood United Methodist, Brentwood, Tennessee)
- Includes development of the 4 stages of a youth choir member (attending, involved, committed, leader) and how directors can use the gifts of each of these stages to develop a youth choir throughout the year
- Basic information about the social and physical development of teenagers and how to relate to them as an adult leader
- Develops the six principles the author believes are the building blocks to a great youth choir
- Includes practical tips on topics such as how to develop a choir rehearsal plan for youth choirs, development of youth choir retreats & tours; gives suggestions of creative ways to make each tour unique through worship and connection to the church through prayer
- Discusses director "brown out" and suggests 10 ways to stop the process of "brown out" before it becomes "burn out
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Mark Acker is Minister of Music and the Arts at Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church in Little Rock, Arkansas. Mark is a graduate of Stetson University and Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University. Much of the material in "The Passion Driven Youth Choir" is based on his almost twenty years as Director of Music, Worship and the Arts at Brentwood United Methodist Church in Nashville, Tennessee.