- Carmen, opera: Children's March
- Carmen, opera: Toreador Song
- Carmen, opera: Toreador Chorus
- Il barbiere di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville), opera: Largo al factotum
- Faust, opera: Soldiers' Chorus
- Il Trovatore, opera: Anvil Chorus
- Madama Butterfly (Madame Butterfly), opera: Humming Chorus
- Die Walküre (The Valkyrie), opera, WWV 86b: The Ride of the Valkyries
- Les Contes d'Hoffmann, opera in 4 acts: The Doll Song
- Aida, opera: Triumphal Choruses and March
- Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), opera, K. 620: Papageno's Song: A Birdcatcher am I
- Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), opera, K. 620: Papagena! Papagena! Papagena!
- Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), opera, K. 620: Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa
- Hänsel und Gretel, opera: Brother, Come Dance with Me
- Hänsel und Gretel, opera: I am the Little Sandman
- Hänsel und Gretel, opera: Children's Prayer
- Hänsel und Gretel, opera: Song of the Gingerbread Children
- Hänsel und Gretel, opera: Ral-la-la-la, ral-la-la-la
A Pavarotti-sized selection of sprightly, lively excerpts from a variety of operas, including the Children's Chorus and the Toreador Song from Bizet's "Carmen," the "Anvil Chorus" from Verdi's "Il Trovatore," and many other classic favorites. Also present are arias and duets from Mozart's "The Magic Flute" and the "Humming Chorus" from Puccini's "Madama Buterfly." As this CD contains some of the most memorably catchy of oepra tunes, it may well spark a child's interest to be brought to the opera house to hear Luciano in person one day.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This CD has a great mix of opera pieces for children. I purchased it for use in a high school music class for Special Ed. students of various levels. To everyone's delight the students are enjoying the pieces and learning a medium they are seldom exposed to. The strength of this CD is the choice of strong pieces with memorable melodies.
Lots of lively favorites for adults and children to enjoy together. The selections are ones that children will enjoy. I find myself listening to the cd even when the kids are not around.