author's successful Applied PC Interfacing, Graphics and Interrupts this book covers all the different aspects of computer systems from low-level hardware (such as processors and interface devices) to high-level software (such as Win32 programming). Clearly written with easy-to-understand examples and end-of chapter exercises PC Interfacing, Communications and Windows Programming is the book for you if you have every wondered:
- How do I communicate using the serial port?
- How do I communicate using the parallel port?
- How do I write interrupt-driven software?
- How do I communicate over a network?
- How do I program in Microsoft Windows?
- What is the best bus for connection to this peripheral (serial or parallel)?
- How do I program using Win32?
- How do I create a menu?
- Which is better for my application, C++ or Visual Basic?
- What devices does a PC use?
Divided into 8 sections, Hardware, Interfaces, RS-232/Parallel port, Windows Programming, Windows Interfacing (Windows NT/95), Win32 Programming, Networking and Java, PC Interfacing, Communications and Windows Programming is shows why covers the intersection of hardware and software engineering.
- Includes worked examples and case studies
- State of the art software used when discussing software interfacing
|Product dimensions:||6.74(w) x 9.12(h) x 1.23(d)|
Table of Contents