Are you ready to deal with a terror attack? No one can predict which toxins could be released, but this fundamental reference will arm you with the essential facts you need to cope with over 50 of the most likely possibilities- outlining the telltale signs and symptoms of each, and summarizing the appropriate clinical response. Based on the most current medical literature, and reviewed by hundreds of experts from leading medical institutions throughout the United States, this practical guide for clinicians is the only book of its kind. A small sample of the unique information you will find:
- Diagnosis and Indicated Clinical Response - Concise overviews of biological weapons such as anthrax, Ebola, smallpox, and plague, plus chemical agents such as arsine, cyanide, mustard gas, Sarin, Tabun, and VX.
- Treatment Modalities - Key guidelines for using anthrax and smallpox vaccines, ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, gentamicin, streptomycin, and 47 other therapeutic agents.
- In-Depth Prescribing Information - Detailed data on over 20 drugs indicated for conditions induced by biological attack.
- Medical Safety - Precautions to take against biological agents, recommendations for protective clothing, and an extensive directory of clothing suppliers.
- Government Advisories - Official recommendations for prophylaxis and treatment of anthrax, the use of smallpox vaccine, and more.