Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
This portable, photographic guide for nurse practitioners describes how to develop the unique range of skills required to assess children of all ages. Not often learned in the context of adult assessment, these skills help in easily and effectively examining children from childbirth through young adulthood. System chapters begin with the development of the fetus and take the reader through the key developmental stages of childhood. For infants and young children, this guide uses the "quiet-to-active" approach, popular among pediatric experts and more effective than the traditional head-to-toe approach.
- Over 200 photos and line drawings allow the reader to learn visually.
- Uses the quiet-to-active approach to pediatric examination, starting with listening and moving on to touching.
- Unique coverage of assessment of the preterm infant.
- Environmental Health History chapter covers the assessment of environmental risk factors in children.
- Quick-reference text boxes focus on abnormal conditions.
- Information Gathering boxes display questions and data needed from the patient/guardian.
- Key Points emphasize developmental and cultural factors in assessing a child.
- Charting examples show how to record physical findings in the medical record.
- Pediatric Pearls highlight key physical findings and techniques to improve pediatric examinations.
- An easy-access two-column style provides concise information.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||An Illustrated Handbook|
|Product dimensions:||6.50(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.60(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit I: General Assessment
- Approach to Care and Assessment of Children and Adolescents
- Assessment Parameters
- Developmental Surveillance and Screening
- Comprehensive Information Gathering
- Environmental Health History
- Heart and Vascular System
- Chest and Respiratory System
- Head and Neck
- Lymphatic System
- Nose, Mouth, and Throat
- Abdomen and Rectum
- Male Genitalia
- Male and Female Breast
- Female Genitalia
- Musculoskeletal System
- Neurological System
- Charting Pediatric Comprehensive and Symptom-Focused Health Care Visits
Unit II: System-Specific Assessment
Unit III: Charting Pediatric Health Care Visits
Appendix A Gender- and Age-Specific Growth Charts and Preterm Growth Chart
AppendixB Body Mass Index-for-Age Growth Charts
AppendixC Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT)
AppendixD Pediatric Symptom Checklist
AppendixE Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Screener
AppendixF Pediatric Environmental History
AppendixG Sports Concussion Assessment Tool 2 (SCAT 2)