- Get it by Monday, August 28 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Leverage the power of peer-to-peer to achieve seamless personal and business communication and transactions. This easy-to-follow guide shows you,step-by-step,how to implement a peer-to-peer network. The book includes clear definitions,real world examples,practical technology explorations,and no-nonsense solutions.
Reach to the edge of the Internetand discover a wealth of collaboration and entertainment possibilities Discover how millions of existing personal computers connected to the Internet can be a source for the innovative exchange of information and services. This book provides you with both the background knowledge and the practical information you need to take advantage of the emerging world of peer-to-peer computing. Learn how to use P2P to overcome business obstacles such as remote locations and time constraints. You'll find details on all the critical factors and challenges of directly collaborating with small and large teams. But the book is not all business. It also contains complete instructions for exchanging music and video,allowing you to explore boundless P2P entertainment possibilities. You'll learn how you can safely offer P2P services and information to groups of various sizesand also learn to run your own P2P radio and television station. This guide also contains prudent strategies that will protect you from potential dangersincluding privacy and security leaks. Clearly written and logically organized,this insightful resource will help you understand and leverage the power of P2P.
- Gain a clear understanding of the Internet's peer-to-peer network and how it functions
- Explore the business and technical issuesassociated with current and future P2P implementationsnaming,privacy,security,bandwidth,and availability
- Discover how to identify and design a P2P architecture that is stable,secure,and successful
- Get properly and safely connected through an identifiable P2P location
- Integrate peer-to-peer solutions into a variety of business environments through real-world case studies
- Explore the vast collection of music and videos availableand even start your own P2P radio or television station
- Collaborate and exchange information directly with both small and large teams
Follow the step-by-step directions that allow you to tap into the power of P2P computing safely
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Companies, The|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.75(d)|