To best serve the needs of practicing perianesthesia nurses, content from Core Curriculum for PeriAnesthesia Nursing, 4th Edition and Ambulatory Surgical Nursing Core Curriculum were combined into one new core, PeriAnesthesia Nursing Core Curriculum. This new core adds additional key content to provide the most comprehensive reference for perianesthesia practice, from preanesthesia through postanesthesia Phase 3. This one resource provides practicing perianesthesia nurses with the complete scope of practice in line with and as defined by ASPAN.
• Focuses on ASPAN's full scope of perianesthesia nursing practice regardless of the practice setting.
• Provides the core content necessary to demonstrate competency as a perianesthesia nurse.
• Includes a section on LifeSpan Considerations, Unit 3, to help the nurse understand the full scope of perianesthesia care from pediatrics through older adult life.
• Unit 4, Competency of Preoperative Assessment incorporates all aspects of the complete assessment of the patient and family including key areas such as cultural and alternative/complementary therapies.
• Unit 6, Surgical Specialties provides a consistent format presentation for each specialty area, including anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, operative procedures, postanesthesia priorities: phases 1, 2, and 3, and where necessary, potential complications including anesthesia and pain management.
• An appendix on Certification Concepts and Testing Strategies along with the core content provides an outstanding tool to prepare for certification as a perinanesthesia nurse (CPAN) or as an ambulatory perianesthesia nurse (CAPA).
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 10.22(h) x 1.89(d)|
About the Author
Director, Orthopaedic Surgery Center, Concord, NH
Perianesthesia Nursing Consultant, Lakewood, CO