Peru is home to more archaeological sites than any other country in South America. However, with mangroves, cloud forest, oases in the desert and glacial lakes, it is also a country of incredible natural diversity. Footprint’s 9th edition Peru Handbook will guide you from spectacular and spiritual fiestas to the awe-inspiring sights of the Sacred Valley.
• Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including trekking, ancient ruins and surfing
• Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from discovering the incredible wildlife to enigmatic Inca sites
• Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport, practicalities to history, culture&landscape
• Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
• Full-colour planning section to inspire you and help you find the best experiences
From uncovering the best gourmet spots in Lima to the sapphire shores of Lake Titicaca, Footprint’s fully updated 9th edition will help you navigate this incredible destination.
About the Author
One of the first assignments Ben Box took as a freelance writer in 1980 was subediting work on the South American Handbook. The plan then was to write about contemporary Iberian and Latin American affairs, but in no time at all the lands south of the Rio Grande took over, inspiring journeys to all corners of the subcontinent. Ben has contributed to newspapers, magazines and learned tomes, usually on the subject of travel, and became editor of the South American Handbook in 1989. He has also been involved in Footprint’s Handbooks on Central America & Mexico, Caribbean Islands, Brazil, Peru, Cuzco & the Inca Heartland, and Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador.