- Hungarian Dance for piano, 4 hands, in A major, WoO 1/7
- Estrellita for voice & piano (or orchestra)
- Vocalise, instrumental arrangement, Op. 34/14
- Csárdás, for violin & orchestra
- Méditation, for violin & orchestra (or other arrangement) (from opera "Thäis")
- Gayane, ballet in 4 acts: La danse du sabre
- La Ronde des Lutins, scherzo fantastique for violin & piano, Op. 25
- Ellens Gesang III ("Ave Maria"), song for voice & piano, D. 839 (Op. 52/6)
- Souvenir d'un lieu cher, for violin & piano (or orchestra), Op. 42
- Humoresque No. 7 for piano in G flat major, B. 187/7 (Op. 101/7)
- Perpetuum mobile, concert caprice for violin & piano, Op. 5/4
- Hungarian Dance for piano, 4 hands, in G minor, WoO 1/5
- Hungarian Dance for piano, 4 hands, in G minor, WoO 1/1
- Scherzo-tarantelle, for violin & piano in G minor, Op. 16
- Tzigane, rhapsodie de concert, for violin & piano (or orchestra)
- Violin Concerto No. 3 in B minor, Op. 61
- Symphonie espagnole, for violin & orchestra in D minor, Op. 21
- Liebesfreud (Love's Joy), for violin & piano
- Liebesleid (Love's Sorrow), for violin & piano
- Romance for violin & orchestra No. 2 in F major, Op. 50
- Romance for violin & orchestra No. 1 in G major, Op. 40
- Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 61
Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Maxim Vengerov is recognized as one of the world’s most exciting violinists. He gave his first recital at the age of five and, after studying with Galina Tourchaninova and Professor Zakhar Bron, he went on to win the First Prize in the Junior Wieniawski Competition when he was 10 years old. In 1990, aged 15, he won the Carl Flesch International Violin Competition, confirming his reputation as a musician of the very highest order.
This 3-CD set celebrates Vengerov’s thrilling career. On CD 1, we have the Beethoven Concerto and two Romances, as well as Kreisler’s favorite encore ‘Liebesleid’ and ‘Liebesfreud’. The second CD contains the most famous of French violin concertos: Lalo’s Symphonie espagnole, a piece of bravura with the 3rd violin concerto by Camille Saint-Saëns, and Ravel’s great ‘Tzigane’. Last but not least, the 3rd CD celebrates best loved and most virtuosic violin works: Meditation de Thaïs, Ave Maria, Hungarian Dances, Vocalise and more.
This Phenomenal set offers an incredible value for the price of one mid album, with a great portrait of this singularly talented artist. From the Label