Philosophy of Religion: Classic and Contemporary Issues offers a comprehensive and authoritative overview of the most important ideas and arguments in this resurgent field.
- Provides a solid foundation on the history of religious philosophy while broadening our understanding of religion’s significance in today’s world
- Features 18 newly-commissioned essays by well-known scholars with varied viewpoints on the philosophy of religion
- Examines the evolution of religious philosophy from it roots to contemporary issues while expanding its analysis to include non-Western religious themes
- Includes charts, questions, and annotated suggested readings to stimulate further study and reflection
|Product dimensions:||6.80(w) x 9.70(h) x 0.71(d)|
Table of Contents
Part I: Religious Experience and Knowledge:.
1. The Epistemology of Religious Experience: William E. Mann.
2. Religion and Science: John Polkinghorne.
3. Reformed Epistemolog: René van Woudenberg.
4. Religious Pluralism: Joseph Runzo.
5. Religious Exclusivism: Harold Netland.
Part II: The Existence of God:.
6. The Cosmological Argument: William Lane Craig.
7. The Teleological Argument: Robin Collins.
8. The Ontological Argument: Graham Oppy.
9. The Moral Argument: Paul Copan.
10. The Evidential Argument from Evil: Paul Draper.
11. A Naturalistic Account of the Universe: Quentin Smith.
Part III: The Nature and Attributes of God:.
12. The Coherence of Theism: Charles Taliaferro.
13. The Impossibility of God?: Robin Le Poidevin.
14. God, Time, and Freedom: Katherin A. Rogers.
15. Divine Hiddenness, Death, and Meaning: Paul K. Moser.
Part IV: Emerging Themes:.
16. Continental Philosophy of Religion: Bruce Ellis Benson.
17. Eastern Philosophy of Religion: Gavin Flood.
18. Feminist Philosophy of Religion: Pamela Sue Anderson.