Everything you need to create spectacular special effects on your PC—a complete hands-on guide/toolkit for developers and artists
Digital image compositing is both a powerful tool for envisioning ideas and information, and a versatile artistic medium allowing users unlimited freedom to construct novel images from any number of original sources. Now this book/disk set arms you with everything you need to produce sophisticated digital special effects on your computer, including many of the image processing techniques and algorithms used to create the amazing effects seen in movies and computer games. With an emphasis on practical applications, it features clear, step-by-step guidance and handy software tools that make it easier than ever for newcomers and experienced professionals alike to:
- Create photo-realistic 2D and 3D composited images
- Perform image warping, morphing, simulation, and other sophisticated image processing techniques
- Develop new and exciting ways to visualize data
- C++ code for all functions and tools described in the book
- The Image Compositor's Toolkit—demonstrates all the techniques and enables you to create your own composited images
The only purely applications-oriented, how-to book on the subject, Photo-Based 3D Graphics in C++ is a valuable resource for software developers, graphics programmers, artists, and anyone interested in exploring the vast potential of this exciting medium.
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 9.21(h) x 0.87(d)|
About the Author
TIM WITTENBURG is a team leader at Ameridata Consulting, who specializes in image processing, modeling, and simulation. He developed flight simulator technology for the U.S. Air Force and holds two patents in image processing.