Photograph Your Kids Like a Pro shows parents how to take great photos that capture a child's individuality. It offers tips and guidance for those who wish to graduate from taking snapshots to creating beautiful keepsakes worthy of display.
Highly practical, the book follows a structured course on the essential skills and shows with examples and clear instruction how to capture the fleeting moments of childhood.
- DSLR (Digital Single-Lens Reflex) cameras, point-and-shoot cameras, accessories
- Understanding megapixels
- Working with children, personality and temperament
- Dressing the part and creating a setting
- Principles of composition, scale and movement
- How light works, finding the best light, romantic light
- Photography styles (traditional, edgy, reportage)
- What to look for in a location, planning a shoot, safety
- An instructive recurring panel "What Professionals Do"
- Tips on making it fun and productive.
For the big day, the book gives 20 different sample scenarios to copy (e.g., Down on the Farm, Great Outdoors, At Grandma's, The Gardener, Best Pumpkin Ever, Easter Sunday), with suggested locations, clothing, props, and lighting tips.
Photograph Your Kids Like a Pro is an essential reference for parents and anyone who wishes to capture the joy of a child's formative years to last a lifetime.
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 8.70(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Heather Mosher is a photographer who takes an unstructured approach to her photography, creating images that span styles from modern and editorial to warm and romantic.