- The complete For Dummies Photoshop resource-ten minibooks with more than 800 pages of tips, techniques, and plain-English explanations
- Covers Photoshop fundamentals, image essentials, selections, painting, drawing and typing, working with layers, channels and masks, filters and distortions, retouching and restoration, Photoshop and the Web, and Photoshop and print
- Explains how to create and manage layers, use channels and masks, make corrections with filters, fix flaws and imperfections, and much more
- Updated and revised throughout for Photoshop "X," which Adobe expects to release in Fall 2003
- Features sixteen pages of full-color examples
- Written by veteran For Dummies author Barbara Obermeier, a leading design and graphics author
About the Author
Barbara Obermeier (Ventura, CA) is principal of Obermeier Design, a graphic design studio in California. The author of Photoshop 7 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies and Adobe Master Class: Illustrator Illuminated (Peachpit) and co-author of several Dummies books including Photoshop 7 For Dummies, Illustrator 10 For Dummies, and CorelDRAW 9 For Dummies. She has contributed as a writer, technical editor, or layout designer for 16 books. Barb also teaches computer graphics at Ventura College and the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Table of Contents
Book I: Photoshop Fundamentals.
Chapter 1: Examining the Photoshop Environment.
Chapter 2: Getting to Know the Tools Palette.
Chapter 3: Getting Started and Finishing Up.
Chapter 4: Getting It on Paper.
Chapter 5: Viewing and Navigating Images.
Chapter 6: Customizing Your Workspace and Preferences.
Book II: Image Essentials.
Chapter 1: Specifying Size and Resolution.
Chapter 2: Choosing Color Modes and File Formats.
Chapter 3: Using and Managing Color.
Chapter 4: Time Travel — Undoing in Photoshop.
Chapter 5: Applying Annotations and Notes.
Chapter 6: Creating Actions for Productivity and Fun.
Book III: Selections.
Chapter 1: Making Selections.
Chapter 2: Creating and Working with Paths.
Chapter 3: Modifying and Transforming Selections and Paths.
Book IV: Painting, Drawing, and Typing.
Chapter 1: Exploring with the Painting Tools.
Chapter 2: Creating Vector Shapes.
Chapter 3: Filling and Stroking.
Chapter 4: Creating and Editing Type.
Chapter 5: Masking, Shaping, and Warping Type.
Book V: Working with Layers.
Chapter 1: Creating Layers.
Chapter 2: Managing Layers.
Chapter 3: Playing with Opacity and Blend Modes.
Chapter 4: Getting Jazzy with Layer Styles and Clipping Groups.
Book VI: Channels and Masks.
Chapter 1: Using Channels.
Chapter 2: Quick and Dirty Masking.
Chapter 3: Getting Exact with Advanced Masking Techniques.
Book VII: Filters and Distortions.
Chapter 1: Making Corrections with Daily Filters.
Chapter 2: Applying Filters for Special Occasions.
Chapter 3: Distorting with the Liquify Command.
Book VIII: Retouching and Restoration.
Chapter 1: Enhancing Images with Adjustments.
Chapter 2: Repairing with the Focus and Toning Tools.
Chapter 3: Fixing Flaws and Imperfections.
Book IX: Photoshop and the Web.
Chapter 1: Prepping Web Graphics.
Chapter 2: Optimizing Images with Save for Web.
Chapter 3: Slicing Your Image.
Chapter 4: Creating a Web Photo Gallery.
Chapter 5: Looking to ImageReady.
Book X: Photoshop and Print.
Chapter 1: Working with Other Programs.
Chapter 2: Prepping Graphics for Print.
Chapter 3: Creating Contact Sheets, Picture Packages, and More.
Appendix A: Working with Digital Cameras and Scanners
Appendix B: A Visual Reference of Photoshop Tools