Photoshop CS2 Savvyby Stephen Romaniello, Matt Kloskowski
Savvy - n. Practical know-how.
However you use Photoshop, and however much experience you have, you're probably aware of the complexity behind this application's immense power. Photoshop CS2 Savvy ensures that this complexity never gets in the way of your productivity. Where an understanding of theory will help you get better results, this book provides it/b>
Savvy - n. Practical know-how.
However you use Photoshop, and however much experience you have, you're probably aware of the complexity behind this application's immense power. Photoshop CS2 Savvy ensures that this complexity never gets in the way of your productivity. Where an understanding of theory will help you get better results, this book provides it. Mostly, however, it concentrates on helping you master the specific, practical tools and techniques that are essential to your success, whether you work as a desktop publisher, graphic artist, printer, photographer, or Web designer.
Make your way from cover to cover or jump to information on a specific topicanything from color management to image retouching to digital photography support. Apply your knowledge to complex, real-world projects with Hands On tutorials. View numerous color-related examples in the full-color section showcases. The practical, accessible coverage includes:
- Numerous color-related examples of Core Photoshop Skills: selections, type, layers, paths, paint effects, alpha channels, Quick Mask, scanning, transformations, and more.
- Features new to Photoshop CS2, such as Warping tools, Vanishing Point filter, Adobe Bridge file-browsing application, and new Camera Raw capabilities.
- Image retouching tools: Dodge and Burn, cloning and healing, History Brush, Dust and Scratches filter.
- Sections on color management and correction with material on levels and curves, color mapping, hue and saturation, channel mixing, CMYK conversion, printing, and more.
- ImageReady and Illustrator tips on page layout, image maps, animations, transferring vectors and layers.
- Coverage of advanced techniques, such as difficult selections, compositing, automation, duotones and spot color, advanced layering, preparing images for digital video.
Order your copy today.
Read an Excerpt
Meet the Author
Stephen Romaniello is an artist, writer, and educator who has been involved in digital graphics for more than fifteen years. As a professor at Pima Community College in Tucson, Arizona, he teaches seminars in digital and web graphics. He is also CEO of GlobalEye Systems, a software training and consulting provider. Stephen is the author of Mastering Photoshop 6, Photoshop CS Savvy, and The Perfect Digital Portfolio.
Matt Kloskowski is the Education and Curriculum Developer at the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and a contributing writer for Photoshop User Magazine. Matt is featured on various training DVDs and is an instructor at the world's largest Photoshop conference, Photoshop World. Author of three books on Photoshop and Illustrator, he teaches online Photoshop courses at www.sessions.edu.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews