Your one-stop Photoshop reference, filled with the latest tips and techniques
There’s a reason why Photoshop is the industry standard for image-editing software. But it’s also that big, Photoshop has so many facets and features that a handy one-stop guide is exactly what you need. And you’ll love the “Putting It Together” exercises that give you hands-on experience – in rich, full color!
- Learn the parts — the desktop, menus, panels, and key tools, and how to use Adobe Bridge
- Make your selection — learn about each of the selection tools plus the powerful Pen tool and Paths panel
- Brush up — on the Brush and Pencil tools and how to create vector shapes, create and edit type, and put type on a path
- Restore and retouch — correct and enhance color, improve contrast, and use the Clone Stamp and Healing tools to fix flaws and damage
- Print it — learn how to get the right resolution, image mode, and file format, and prepare your work for printing
Open the book and find:
- How to crop images and increase their canvas size
- Tips for creating gradients and patterns
- Advice on resizing images
- How to composite images with layers and blending modes
- Filter techniques to correct or alter images
- How the Vanishing Point feature makes editing easier
- Steps for making adjustments with levels and curves
- How to create contact sheets
About the Author
Barbara Obermeier is the principal of Obermeier Design, a graphic design studio in California specializing in print and Web design. She is currently a Graphic Design faculty member at Brooks Institute.
Table of Contents
Book I: Photoshop Fundamentals.
Chapter 1: Examining the Photoshop Environment.
Chapter 2: Getting to Know the Tools Panel.
Chapter 3: Starting, Finishing, and Getting It on Paper.
Chapter 4: Viewing and Navigating Images.
Chapter 5: Customizing Your Workspace and Preferences.
Book II: Image Essentials.
Chapter 1: Specifying Size and Resolution.
Chapter 2: Choosing Color Modes and File Formats.
Chapter 3: Using and Managing Color.
Chapter 4: Time Travel — Undoing in Photoshop.
Chapter 5: Creating Actions for Productivity and Fun.
Book III: Selections.
Chapter 1: Making Selections.
Chapter 2: Creating and Working with Paths.
Chapter 3: Modifying and Transforming Selections and Paths.
Book IV: Painting, Drawing, and Typing.
Chapter 1: Painting and Drawing with Photoshop.
Chapter 2: Filling and Stroking.
Chapter 3: Creating and Editing Type.
Book V: Working with Layers.
Chapter 1: Creating Layers.
Chapter 2: Managing Layers.
Chapter 3: Playing with Opacity and Blend Modes.
Chapter 4: Getting Jazzy with Layer Styles and Clipping Groups.
Chapter 5: Working with Smart Objects.
Book VI: Channels and Masks.
Chapter 1: Using Channels.
Chapter 2: Quick-and-Dirty Masking.
Chapter 3: Getting Exact with Advanced Masking Techniques.
Book VII: Filters and Distortions.
Chapter 1: Making Corrections with Daily Filters.
Chapter 2: Applying Filters for Special Occasions.
Chapter 3: Distorting with the Liquify Command.
Book VIII: Retouching and Restoration.
Chapter 1: Enhancing Images with Adjustments.
Chapter 2: Repairing with Focus and Toning Tools.
Chapter 3: Fixing Flaws and Removing What’s Not Wanted.
Book IX: Photoshop and Print.
Chapter 1: Prepping Graphics for Print.
Chapter 2: Using Photomerge and Merge to HDR.
Bonus Chapters On the Web.
Bonus Chapter 1: Prepping Web Graphics.
Bonus Chapter 2: Slicing Web Images
Bonus Chapter 3: Other Sources of Informatio.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews