"The expertise, thought, and effort that go into each book are obvious, and I sincerely appreciate your efforts. Keep up the wonderful work!"
Tracey Moore (Memphis, TN)
Welcome to the only guidebook series that takes a visual approach to professional-level computer topics. Open the book and you will discover step-by-step screen shots that demonstrate over 140 key techniques using PHP amd MySQL, including:
• Configuring Apache to process PHP code
• Working with character strings
• Creating, sorting, and comparing arrays
• Defining and using functions
• Finding and replacing substrings
• Querying databases and retrieving data
• Stopping and starting the MySQL server
• Adding dynamic check boxes
• Sending new Web pages to a browser
Extra / Apply It
• High-resolution screen shots demonstrate each task
• Succinct explanations walk you through step-by-step
• Two-page lessons break big topics into bite-sized modules
• "Apply It" and "Extra" sidebars highlight useful tips
|Series:||Visual Blueprint Series , #52|
|Product dimensions:||7.42(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.82(d)|
About the Author
Janet Valade has 20 years experience in the computing field. Her background includes experience as a technical writer for several companies, as a Web designer/programmer for an engineering firm, and as a systems analyst in a university environment where, for over 10 years, she supervised the installation and operation of computing resources, designed and developed a statewide data archive, provided technical support to faculty and staff, wrote numerous technical papers and documentation, and designed and presented seminars and workshops on a variety of technology topics.
Janet currently has four published books — PHP & MySQL For Dummies, Second Edition, PHP 5 For Dummies, PHP & MySQL Everyday Apps For Dummies, and Spring into Linux, and has coauthored Master VISUALLY Dreamweaver 8 and Flash 8. In addition, she has authored chapters for several Linux and Web development books.