Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Physical Agents: Theory and Practice / Edition 3 available in Paperback
Written specifically for PTAs!
Develop the clinical decision-making skills you need to be a successful PTA. This easy-to-follow approach helps you learn how to successfully relate thermal, mechanical, and electrical modalities with specific therapeutic goals while understanding all of the physiologic ramifications.
Drawing from the APTA’s Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, this text will enable you to make the connection between a modality and the appropriate treatment interventions as part of a comprehensive, successful physical therapy treatment program.
Explore MORE online at DavisPlus!
The Plus Code, inside new, printed texts, unlocks your Davis Digital Version, your complete text online.
|Publisher:||F. A. Davis Company|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.80(d)|
Table of Contents
- The Concept of Adjunctive Therapies
- Evidence-Based Practice with Physical Agents
- Tissue Response to Injury
- Patient Responses to Therapeutic Interventions
- Thermal and Mechanical Agents
- Therapeutic Heat and Cold
- Therapeutic Ultrasound and Phonophoresis
- Aquatics and Hydrotherapy
- Soft Tissue Treatment Techniques: Traction
- Soft Tissue Management Techniques: Compression and Edema Management
- Soft Tissue Management Techniques: Massage
- Electromagnetic Radiation: Diathermy, Ultraviolet, and Laser
- Electrical Stimulation for Therapeutic Treatment Goals
- Foundations of Electrical Stimulation and Iontophoresis
- Electrodes and Lead Wires: Material and Care
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- Electrical Stimulation for Tissue Repair
- Pain Management with Electrical Stimulation
- Interferential Current Therapy in Clinical Practice
- Comprehensive Approach to Treatment
- Integration of Physical Agents: Clinical Decision Making