Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation / Edition 3 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Access today's best physiatry knowledge and techniques with this full-color new edition of Dr. Braddom's masterfully organized reference! A multitude of international experts document all of the latest advances and techniques, while maintaining the unsurpassed authority, accuracy, and ease of referenceas well as the manageable size and affordable costthat readers have always appreciated.
• Every chapter has been meticulously edited by Dr. Braddom and his associates for consistency, succinctness, and readability.
• The importance of each topic is mirrored by length of its coverage, giving you more information on the issues that concern you most.
• A consistent chapter organization delivers all the content you need in a logical, practical manner.
• A new full-color page format makes the book easier than ever to use.
• Expanded material on sensory rehabilitation · interventional procedures · critical thinking in, and complications resulting from, alternative medicine · acupuncture · imaging · pharmacology · and manual medicine results in the most complete, well-rounded coverage of the field.
• Every chapter has been thoroughly updated, 50% have been totally rewritten, and 2 new ones have been addedincluding Integrative Medicine in Rehabilitation and Interventional Pain Management Proceduresto reflect the very latest knowledge in the field.
• Evidence-based practice guidelines are featured wherever possible.
• Pediatric considerations are incorporated throughout.
• Completely redrawn artwork and illustrations make every concept and technique easier to grasp.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.10(w) x 11.10(h) x 2.40(d)|
About the Author
Clinical Professor, UMDNJ Medical School; Clinical Professor, Robert Wood Johnson Medical Schools, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Table of Contents
1. The Physiatric History and Physical Examination
2. Examination of the Pediatric Patient
3. Adult Neurogenic Communication Disorders
4. Psychological Assessment and Intervention in Rehabilitation
5. Gait Analysis
6. Impairment Rating and Disability Determination
7. Neurological and Musculoskeletal Imaging
8. Quality and Outcome Measures for Medical Rehabilitation
9. Evidence Based Medicine in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
10. Electrodiagnostic Medicine I: Fundamental Principles
11. Electrodiagnostic Medicine II: Clinical Evaluation and Findings
12. Electrodiagnostic Medicine III: Case Studies
13. Upper Limb Amputee Rehabilitation and Prosthetic Restoration
14. Lower Limb Amputee Rehabilitation
15. Upper Limb Orthoses
16. Lower Limb Orthoses
17. Spinal Orthoses in Rehabilitation
18. Prescription of Wheelchairs and Seating Systems
19. Therapeutic Exercise
20. Manipulation, Traction and Massage
21. Physical Agent Modalities
22. Electrical Stimulation
23. Integrative Medicine in Rehabilitation
24. Computer Assistive Devices and Environmental Control
25. Peripheral Joint, Soft Tissue, And Spinal Injection Techniques
26. Interventional Pain Management Procedures
27. Achieving ADL Independence
28. Rehabilitation of Patients with Swallowing Disorders
29. Management of Bladder Dysfunction
30. Management of Bowel Dysfunction
31. Spasticity Management
32. Sexuality Issues in Persons with Disabilities
33. Prevention and Management of Pressure Ulcers
34. Rehabilitation in Cardiac Disease
35. Pulmonary Rehabilitation
36. Employment of Persons with Disabilities
37. Rehabilitation of Patients with Rheumatological Disorders
38. Treatment of Common Neck Problems
39. Musculoskeletal Problems of the Upper Limb
40. Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Lower Limbs
41. Low Back Pain
42. Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis
43. Chronic Pain Syndromes
44. Muscle Pain Syndromes
45. Concepts in Sports Medicine
46. Occupational Rehabilitation
47. Motor Neuron Diseases
49. Myopathic Disorders
50. Issues in Brain Injury Rehabilitation
51. Stroke Syndromes
52. Degenerative Disorders of the Central Nervous System
53. Multiple Sclerosis
54. Cerebral Palsy
56. Spinal Cord Injury
57. Vascular Diseases
58. Cancer Rehabilitation
59. Issues in Burn Rehabilitation
60. Principles of Geriatric Rehabilitation
61. Transplantation Rehabilitation