The Physics Practical Scheme of Work for use with the IB Diploma Programme by Michael J. Dickinson, is an invaluable resource for IB Physics teachers, whether new to teaching the course or a seasoned veteran. This second edition has been fully updated to align with the latest requirements of the Internal Assessment (IA) aspect of the IB Physics Guide (first assessment 2016).
It is a collection of 60 lab experiments from a range of physics topics, rewritten to comply with the latest guide's Personal Engagement (P), Exploration (EX), Analysis (A), Evaluation (EV) & Communication (C) criteria.
The guide accompanies the textbook, Physics for use with the IB Diploma Programme also by Michael J. Dickinson. Written in plain English with an international audience in mind, it is the ideal teaching and learning resource for both standard and higher levels of the IB Physics course.
This Practical Scheme of Work contains:
• A collection of 60 lab experiment sheets covering a wide range of topics, each one containing a marking grid so that the criteria being assessed is easily identified.
• Invaluable information which is aimed to help teachers understand the latest requirements of the Internal Assessment (IA) aspect of the course (first assessment 2016)
• Examples of the 4/PSOW and new 4/CSS coversheets describing exactly what information is required by the IBO when student IA sample work is submitted for moderation.
• An explanation of the regulations regarding the Personal Engagement (P), Exploration (EX), Analysis (A), Evaluation (EV) and Communication (C) criteria of the Practical Scheme of Work.
• A marked example of the new Individual Investigation written in accordance with the IB Internal Assessment regulations, with supporting notes to provide guidance to teachers and students regarding the IB assessment of the students' practical work.
• Numerous titles for practical experiments that teachers can use as inspiration for their own practical scheme of work, ideas of titles for students' Individual Investigations or topics that students can use when deciding on a title for an Extended Essay in Physics.
• An explanation and example of the requirements of the Group 4 Project.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.20(d)|