The Big Questions—PHYSICS confronts the fundamental problems that have perplexed inquiring minds throughout history, and explains the answers of our greatest thinkers. In this book, Michael Brooks demystifies 20 mind-stretching questions about quantum physics, relativity and the true nature of reality, including:
- What is the Point of Physics?
- What is Time?
- What Happened to Schrödinger’s Cat?
- Why Does an Apple Fall?
- Are Solids Really Solid?
- Why is There No Such Thing as a Free Lunch?
- Is Everything Ultimately Random?
- What is the God Particle?
About the Author
MICHAEL BROOKS is a journalist, writer and physics and cosmology consultant at the New Scientist and the author of the much acclaimed 13 Things That Don’t Make Sense.