Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The most comprehensive and easily accessible guide to Pilates ever.
Participation in Pilates has skyrocketed by more than 500 percent in the last five years. Today 9.5 million Americans do Pilates at least once a week.
The Pilates Bible is the modern guide to this superb fitness program. The authors, all expert Pilates instructors, correlate their own practical experience with up-to-date knowledge, new exercises and brand-new modifications supported by recent medical findings.
Clear step-by-step photographs show the exercises, and captions provide tips on form and movement. There is a range of workout choices designed for sessions lasting 20 to 30 minutes, 40 to 50 minutes and 60 to 70 minutes.
The book includes:
- The guiding principles and fundamentals of Pilates
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced mat work
- General health benefits and benefits for specific medical conditions
- Pilates for sedentary and active lifestyles, sports and weight training
- Pilates in the local gym, at work and while traveling
- Prenatal and postnatal exercises
- Exercises for menopausal and postmenopausal women
- A survey of studio equipment and small equipment
Designed as a practical all-in-one guide, The Pilates Bible is the most authoritative and comprehensive book on Pilates available. Students, practitioners and instructors will find this book indispensable.
|Publisher:||Firefly Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Lynne Robinson cofounded Body Control Pilates, which has trained more than 1,300 Pilates teachers. Her books and DVDs have sold more than four million copies worldwide.
Lisa Bradshaw is a studio and mat master teacher and head of education and professional development for Body Control Pilates.
Nathan Gardner teaches Pilates and designs courses and programs for Body Control Pilates.