This design workbook will help both novice and seasoned gardeners in the Pacific Northwest -- before they even begin -- plan or renovate their landscape. It provides gardeners of average means with useful information and valuable tips on how to plan landscapes properly, including:
- Assessing the garden site
- How to use the landscape to best advantage
- Creating a realistic design that reflects personal taste.
A Place in the Rain illustrates and explains design aesthetics, installation techniques, long-term maintenance considerations and organic options.
- Bulletproof plants for the 'Gardening Impaired'
- Trees in the urban landscape
- Designing with spring bulbs and bedding
- Designing with winter garden plants
- Irrigation made simple and installing a healthy lawn
- Using structures and lighting
- Container gardening and gardening in large spaces
- Water gardening and gardening with native plants
- Pesticide-free gardening and edible landscaping.
A Place in the Rain is a unique window on Pacific Northwest garden design and showcases the talented horticulturists of the region.
|Publisher:||Whitecap Books, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||7.44(w) x 10.04(h) x 0.59(d)|
About the Author
Michael Lascelle has over twenty-three years experience as an estate gardener, landscape foreman, garden designer and nursery manager.