We do not have to live a lifetime influenced and dictated by past hurts. We can choose to uproot pain and plant in its place the seeds of healing and peace. Exploring our past relationship with our human father, Planting Trust, Knowing Peace reveals how our positive and negative experiences shape our understanding of our heavenly Father. You will learn to allow God to 'refather' you, heal painful memories, and love you purely and unconditionally for who you are.
Designed to stimulate your personal growth and explore the hard questions of life one-on-one with God, Planting Trust, Knowing Peace will help you grow in trust and transform your heart into a healing garden. Themes include:
* Your Human Father: A Time to Keep
* Your Human Father: A Time to Uproot
* Your Heavenly Father: A Time to Trust, a Time to Embrace
* Your Heavenly Father: A Time to Heal, a Time for Peace
6-Week Study Each week includes
* Five devotional readings on a common topic.
* Five personal 'Daily Sunlight' studies to help you nurture a closer relationship to God.
* One in-depth group Bible study, 'Your Weekly Feeding,' to provide enriching perspective and interaction on the weekly theme.
About the Author
Denise George is the author of numerous books, including the Secrets of Soul Gardening women's Bible study series, and is a contributor to The Women's Study Bible. She speaks internationally at seminaries, colleges, churches, and retreats. She and her husband, Dr. Timothy George, founding dean of Beeson Divinity School at Samford University, live in Birmingham, Alabama.
Table of Contents
|Before You Begin||13|
|Part 1||Your Human Father|
|Week 1||A Time to Keep||21|
|Week 2||A Time to Throw Away||49|
|Week 3||A Time to Uproot||80|
|Part 2||Your Heavenly Father|
|Week 4||A Time to Trust, A Time to Embrace||115|
|Week 5||A Time to Plant||141|
|Week 6||A Time to Heal, A Time for Peace||168|
|About the Author||205|