Play For Something provides student athletes with the inspiration, strategies, and practical knowledge to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Written by a Division 1 basketball player who graduated as the valedictorian of his class with a 4.0 GPA, this book covers everything from study strategies to productivity theory, memory mastery to effective writing strategies, and homesickness to networking.
Play for Something contains insightful stories from some of the world's leading athletes and business experts, including Olympians, Academic All-Americans, and prominent business leaders.
The book has three parts:
- The first part of the book deals with the motivation and inspiration student athletes often miss when it comes to academics and a career beyond athletics. This book helps student athletes identify their passion and learn from the success stories of others.
- The second part of the book is devoted to the systems and knowledge that allow students to excel, including character building, life balance, networking, support systems, and personal branding.
- The third part of the book provides the practical tips and tricks the author used to maintain a 4.0 GPA through four years of college, offering exceptional techniques to help improve college writing, research, and citation skills.
A must-read for student athletes, Play for Something offers:
- Memory tricks
- Speed-reading techniques
- Test-taking strategies to beat stress and anxiety
- Five ways to find your true inspiration
Remember! This book shares what student athletes need to know for success in college and in life! Find your passion. Excel personally. Be exceptional. Take the time to read it!
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.40(d)|